Andrea’s Tomatoey Zoodles
- Extra virgin olive oil, for pan
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved (or heirloom tomatoes when in season)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 whole zucchini, ends trimmed and spiralized (“zoodles”)
- Fresh basil, for garnish (optional)
- Flakey sea salt to finish (optional)
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Add sliced garlic, bunching it together in the center so it infuses into the oil without the stragglers burning. Let cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Season with 1-2 good pinches of salt. Stir to incorporate. Top with cherry tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally until tomatoes cook down and form a sauce, about 15-20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add “zoodles” and stir to coat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is tender yet still a bit al dente, about 3 minutes more. Serve topped with fresh chopped basil and an extra sprinkle of flakey salt, if desired. Enjoy.
Click either image below to catch the replay.
Thanks for tuning in!