Sometimes, a humble dish like this is all you need.
Olive Me Some Baked Leeks
ACTIVE: 15 MIN TOTAL: 75 MINS
- 5-6 medium leeks, halved lengthwise and washed well
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 lbs Campari tomatoes, halved
- 6-8 cloves garlic, skins left on
- 10 Castelvetrano olives, pitted, roughly chopped
- 8 sprigs thyme
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable broth or stock
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Place the leeks in a single layer in an oven-safe casserole dish. Season with salt, cumin, paprika, turmeric, pepper and stir to coat. Scatter the tomatoes, garlic cloves, olives and sprigs of thyme over top. Drizzle with olive oil then pour in vegetable broth to coat the bottom of the casserole dish. Cover tightly with foil and bake, covered, for 30 minutes, then uncovered, 30 minutes more, until leeks have softened and sauce is bubbly. Serve warm.