Want the entire house to smell like the holidays? Drop everything and make this recipe. Actually, you don’t even have to drop everything. Throw it all in the crock pot, walk away, and bask in the glow of fall flavors as the scent of mulled spices fills the air.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Apple Butter
active 15 minutes total 8 hours
- 1 ½ lbs apples (~6 cups)
- 1 lb diced pumpkin (~4 cups)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 3 whole cloves
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch allspice
- squeeze of lemon (optional)
- 2 cups water
How To Make It
- Place all ingredients in crock pot and stir to combine. Cover and set to low setting.
- Cook for 8 hours, stirring every 2 hours or so. After 8 hours, remove lid and allow to cool slightly. Remove cloves.
- Using a slotting spoon, carefully transfer mixture to blender, allowing excess liquid to strain back into the crock pot. Add just enough of the juices to the crock pot to blend. Blend until smooth.
- Serve on toast, in oatmeal, or plain Jane! Save the extra liquid and reheat as mulled cider—it’s delicious!